Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Movie "Beaches" with Bette Midler


I had the wonderful privilege of being able to share the movie "Beaches" with my youngest daughter tonight. We laughed and cried together and I know that I have shared something with her that we both will always remember.
Tonight reminded me of that friend, that one true friend that you have had since you were young and even though you don't see each other as much as you would like too, you know they still love you.
 I was lucky, I was blessed with two.
 Dawn my friend from high school who's first words to me were "Merry Christmas" and I reply back "Happy New Years?" That would have been normal except it was September and not December. Grilled cheese sandwiches and screwdrivers in the middle of the night, jeans that were so tight that when we had a water fight with the neighbors we couldn't get the pants off to change. We were there for each other when our marriages fell apart.Through the years she has always tracked me down and stayed in contact.
Then there was Nita. She was the carefree hairdresser at the salon where I worked as a massage therapist. She was my Maid of Honor at my wedding to my husband of 14 years. We had been through some of the hardest times in our life together. We knew each other in a way that it was like our souls touched.
 I miss them. 
The movie reminded me how short life is and I am going to do what I can to see both of them. When I do I will hug them and let them both know how much their friendship has meant to me.
 Thank you Dawn and Nita for being my true friend.
 Who is that one true friend in your life?
 Maybe you should let them know you are thinking of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment